Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Introduction

This blog is about my experience as a professional researcher and also as a part-time PhD student. It is about the struggle of research. The struggle of writing, reading, thinking and developing ideas and a critical way of thinking. Hopefully it is about networking, developing and dealing with problems. It is about my inner demons, or angels, however you decide to look at them, or how they are framed by the context...for example is the inability to write disguising an internal struggle and formation of ideas that has yet to be expressed via the writing. I will also be putting forward ideas and views that are spin offs from my research and general thinking. I like to take ideas that are generally accepted and question them.

To say is to think?

Are the acts of writing and talking ways of allowing thought to be concretised, solidified, rather than a vague wish wash of ideas?

So what is my research about?...in brief terms :

As a researcher: education and technology - currently in distance learning

As a PhD student: maths education - particularly in a technological context although the prime focus is not on technology per se.

No comments: