Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Starting my new job

I am now officially three days into my new job - Open Content Initiative - based at the Open University. Things have been a bit hectic with me actually finishing and sending off the revised PhD ugrade document to Bristol University...I just hope now it is Ok. It is amazing how long it has taken me...I think a lot to do with this is the process of just thinking about it...it is also hard to overhaul something and reassemble. Sometimes I think it is easier to create something anew.

I know it has its faults but it has a rhyme and reason and is much more focused. The ideas, especially the philosophies are also interesting and thought provoking.

I am also balancing the ongoing work from my last project at the OU. I hope that there will be significant output from this.

The new job appears to be interesting and it is particularly valuable for me to get an insight into the creative process of producing something large and potentially very significant. As part of my initial role I have the chance to act as researcher in observing the development process by attending all the meetings. This is interesting in that it gives me insights to things from other perspectives such as design, technical implementation, marketing etc. I am a kind of participant observer in all of this.

The Open Content Initiative site will have basically two sides, a learner side - for course content, and a Lab-site where people can create or modify content. That's basically it in brief but I will try to give a more self-contained review later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

i really enjoy your posting taste, very interesting.
don't give up and keep writing due to the fact that it simply that is worth to follow it.
impatient to look over more and more of your own well written articles, thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]researchingeducation.blogspot.com really contains lot of useful information. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Research presents that nearly 80% of all United States grownups are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

eco travel agency costa rica said...

Hi buddy, firstly I would like to send greetings to all readers then I think that this information is amazing and very entertainment information, I was looking information about Starting my new job, and this information is very professional and I would like to have any update about, thanks for sharing!!